Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Flu Shot and Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS)

Hello Bloggers,

It has been a bit since I reported a new drug or have given info on side effects. Please forgive me. While reading a report on the CDC's website I came across a report that is very dear to my heart.

Those of you that know me may remember me talking about my fathers battle with Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS). Today I was doing research on the topic and have come across an article from the CDC stating that there may be a link between Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS) and taking the flu shot. The article talks about finding from an increased number of cases reported in 1976 after patients taking the flu shot for the swine flu epidemic of 1976.

Please feel free to read up on this particular subject it may interest you.
If anyone out there has any questions about Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS) please feel free to give me a call or shoot me a message.

To read the article i have included the below link

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/vaccine/guillainbarre.htm

As alway thank you for reading
I Love You
and
God Bless You!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment